One of the key strengths of the SCRABBLE game is that it can be enjoyed at many different levels. Recognizing that not everyone wants to learn a set of tournament rules or even study the official word list, we established our list of Recreational Clubs in July 2013.
We hope that after you have played at a Recreational Club for a while, you'll want to see if you've got what it takes at one of our competitive clubs.
Establishing a Recreational Club
If you are a NASPA member, you can set up a Recreational Club
by emailing us at email@example.com
with the following information:
- Name of your club, if any (e.g., SCRABBLE Players of Anytown)
- Meeting schedule (e.g., Tuesdays at 6:00 P.M.)
- Meeting location (e.g., Anytown Community Ctr, 123 Main Street)
- Nearest town or city
- State or province (for trademark reasons, you must operate in the United States or Canada)
- Your name and contact information as you want it to appear
- Your NASPA membership ID
and your agreement that you will abide by the Code of Conduct and the
list of responsibilities of all directors.
Recreational vs. Competitive Club: What are the differences?
Recreational Club Roster
- Unofficial Davis SCRABBLE Club
- Davis Farmers' Market and then Crepeville (Apr-Oct). Just at Crepeville, (Nov-Mar). Both located at 3rd and C streets.
- Wednesdays at 6:00 P.M.
- Nikhil Joshi 530-867-3694 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tustin (between Irvine and Santa Ana)
- SuperSCRABBLE Club
- 2130 Chandler Drive, Tustin, CA 92782
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 10:00 A.M. No fee, lunch and equipment provided.
- Maliha Mendoza Mahmood email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brooklyn NASPA Club #28
- Call director for various times and places.
- Alan Hecht
718 252 2161
- Other contact:
- Monday 5:00—9:00 P.M.
- Please call Glenda Short at 405 620 1711 for location.
- The Cornwall Scrabble Club
- Cornwall Public Library, 45 Second St. East, Cornwall
- Thursdays at 1:30 P.M.
- Vivianne Panizzon email@example.com
- SCRABBLE in the City
- Go Lounge, 1718 Queen St West
- Thursdays 6:00-9:00 P.M.
- Roger Cullman 416-995-7643 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oregon Coast Drop-In SCRABBLE Club
- Bier One, 424 SW Highway 101. Admission restricted by venue to ages 21 and over.
- Thursdays beginning around 6:00 P.M.
- Stephanie Brown 541-961-1823 OCDscrabble@groups.facebook.com