One of the key strengths of the SCRABBLE game is that it can be enjoyed at many different levels. Recognizing that not everyone wants to learn a set of tournament rules or even study the official word list, we established our list of Recreational Clubs in July 2013.
We hope that after you have played at a Recreational Club for a while, you'll want to see if you've got what it takes at one of our competitive clubs.
Registering a Recreational Club
To register a new club, complete the Club Listing Request form and submit it.
In order to maintain registered status, clubs must meet the following criteria:
Changing Club Information
Please keep us up to date when things change at your recreational club. Send changes pertaining to club location, meeting time, address, email, website, or anything shown on your club listing to the Club Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreational vs. Competitive Club: What are the differences?
Recreational Club Roster
- Tuesday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Appleby Apartments - Party Room, 2996 N Gregg Ave
- Ann Williams
- Monday 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
- Pizza Hut, 4708 Planz Road
- John Blankenship
- Laguna Woods
- Laguna Woods Village SCRABBLE Club
- Monday 12:45 P.M. -3 games
- $2 (first monthly Monday free)
- 24262 Punta Alta, Clubhouse #5 -Room #2, Dining Room #1, Laguna Woods 92637
- If non-resident, call contacts below one hour prior for gate entry
- Gary Moss (949) 510-1673
- Fern Trausch (949) 830-5244
- Tampa Bay/Pasco/North Pinellas County
- Please contact:
- Joan Knobelsdorf
- (727) 785-1823
- email@example.com for information.
- Waycross Gaming Community
- Casual Play
- Friday 6:00 P.M.
- Waycross Mall Food Court, 2215 Memorial Drive
- Special Events TBA
- Waycross-Ware County Public Library, 401 Lee Avenue
- Tricia Baker
- Wednesday 6:30 P.M. - 9:30 P.M.
- Kahala Mall Shopping Center
- Darren Seu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Dunham (808) 429-8493
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- McCracken County Public Library, 555 Washington St.
- Mononymous Hooper
- (270) 564-2153
- Maine Scrabble Community
- Tuesday 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Highland Green Community Center, 7 Evergreen Circle
- Jamie Logan
- (571) 438-7238
- Not all players use clocks, though people are welcomed to if they wish.
- St. Louis
- BreadCo Scrabblers
- Wednesday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- St. Louis Bread Company (Panera), 1008 Loughborough Ave.
- Brian Summers
- (314) 807-7579
- Public Library (downstairs), 1 Landing Court (off Hampton Road)
- Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
- Monday 2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M., September-May only
- Chuck Abbate
- (506) 849-0581 (h), (506) 849-1137 (w)
- Call director for various times and places.
- Alan Hecht
- (718) 252-2161
- Thursday 4:45 P.M.
- 18 Prince Street
- Vee Hill
- (347) 262-3084
- Club website
- Tuesdays and Saturdays, dates vary, call for info.
- Shoppingtown Mall
- Kieran O'Connor
- (315) 481-8541
- West Babylon, Long Island
- Club website
- Tuesday 4:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
- Panera Bread, 1025 West Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704
- Bob Krause
- (631) 328-3118
- Jon Kent
- Tuesday Noon
- New Hanover County Public Library, Myrtle Grove Branch
- 5155 S College Rd, Wilmington NC 28412
- Stephen Stanley
- (910) 620-7810
- Cuyahoga Falls
- Last Sunday of each month (except December) 2:00 P.M. - 4:30 P.M.
- Cuyahoga Falls Library, 2015 Third Street
- Donna Lillo
- (330) 922-9833
- Monday 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Breckenridge Village, Schaeffer Center, 36855 Ridge Road
- Nancy Schuman
- (440) 942-7337
- Oklahoma City
- Monday 5:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Glenda Short
- Joe Gatz
- Please call Glenda Short for location.
- (405) 620-1711
- Thursday 1:30 P.M.
- The Cornwall Scrabble Club
- Cornwall Public Library, 45 Second St. East
- Vivianne Panizzon
- Monday 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. September-June
- We play 2 games. Free.
- Springwater Public Library (Midhurst Branch), 12 Finlay Mill Rd.
- Heather McIntosh
- North Bay
- Thursday 6:30 P.M.
- North Bay Scrabble Club
- Empire Living Centre, 425 Fraser St.
- Ken Peters
- (705) 663-1313
- SCRABBLE in the City
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Go Lounge, 1718 Queen St West
- Roger Cullman
- (416) 995-7643
- Oregon Coast Drop-In SCRABBLE Club
- Thursday 6:00 P.M.
- Bier One, 424 SW Highway 101. Admission restricted by venue to ages 21 and over.
- Stephanie Brown
- (541) 961-1823
- North Kingston
- Thursday 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (alternating Thursdays, check website)
- Dan's Tavern on the Green, 615 Callahan Rd., North Kingston 02852
- Daniella Norwood
- Sunday 1:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
- Market Street, 5605 Colleyville Blvd, Colleyville
- We meet most weekends in the upstairs cafe inside the Market Street grocery store in Grapevine, TX. To make sure we are meeting on the upcoming weekend, send me (Kate Watson) an email or text or call me. We will not meet if most of our regular players are out of town.
- To find your way to the upstairs event space, take the stairs or one of the elevators located at the front of the store to the second floor. We normally play in the area called the Event Space. (You might have to go through the gift shop area to find it.)
- We have tournament players and welcome any casual player. Come join us. Bring Scrabble equipment if you have it. If not, come anyway! This is a great way to be introduced to playing SCRABBLE face to face.
- Kate Watson
- (817) 228-7307
- Friday 3:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Houston Friday Evening Scrabble Club
- Café Express, 3800 Southwest Freeway
- Shirley Petrey
- (832) 368-5186
- Milwaukee (Wauwatosa)
- Greater Milwaukee SCRABBLE Club
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- September - May: Mayfair Mall Food Court (Wauwatosa, WI)
- May - September: McDonald's, 124th and Capitol Drive (Wauwatosa, WI)
- Susan Love or Jim Hahn
- (414) 369-2373