One of the key strengths of the SCRABBLE game is that it can be enjoyed at many different levels. Recognizing that not everyone wants to learn a set of tournament rules or even study the official word list, we established our list of Recreational Clubs in July 2013.
We hope that after you have played at a Recreational Club for a while, you'll want to see if you've got what it takes at one of our competitive clubs.
Establishing a Recreational Club
If you are a NASPA member, you can set up a Recreational Club
by emailing us at email@example.com
with the following information:
- Name of your club, if any (e.g., SCRABBLE Players of Anytown)
- Meeting schedule (e.g., Tuesdays at 6:00 P.M.)
- Meeting location (e.g., Anytown Community Ctr, 123 Main Street)
- Nearest town or city
- State or province (for trademark reasons, you must operate in the United States or Canada)
- Your name and contact information as you want it to appear
- Your NASPA membership ID
and your agreement that you will abide by the Code of Conduct and the
list of responsibilities of all directors.
Recreational vs. Competitive Club: What are the differences?
Recreational Club Roster
- Unofficial Davis SCRABBLE Club
- Wednesday 6:00 P.M.
- Davis Farmers' Market (Apr-Oct). Crepeville (Nov-Mar). Both located at 3rd and C streets.
- Nikhil Joshi
- (530) 867-3694
- SuperSCRABBLE Club
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 10:00 A.M.
- No fee, lunch and equipment provided.
- 2130 Chandler Drive, Tustin
- Maliha Mendoza Mahmood
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Bradenton/Manatee County
- NASPA Club #763
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month 7 P.M.
- Books-A-Million 4225 14th St W, Bradenton, corner of US 41 & Cortez Road
- Traci Kanaan
- (941) 228-0230
- Paducah SCRABBLE Club
- Sposored by the Quilt City OGRE
- Thursday 5:00 P.M.
- McCracken County Public Library, Second Floor, 555 Washington St
- Contact: Hooper
- (270) 816-5530
- Brooklyn NASPA Club #28
- Call director for various times and places.
- Alan Hecht
- (718) 252-2161
West Babylon, Long Island
- Tuesday SCRABBLE at Panera
- Panera Bread, 1025 West Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704
- Tuesdays 4:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
- (631) 328-3118
- CNY SCRABBLE Club
- Tuesdays and Saturdays, dates vary, call for info.
- Shoppingtown Mall
- Kieran OConnor
- (315) 481-8541
- Monday 5:00—9:00 P.M.
- Please call Glenda Short at 405 620 1711 for location.
- The Cornwall Scrabble Club
- Cornwall Public Library, 45 Second St. East, Cornwall
- Thursdays at 1:30 P.M.
- Vivianne Panizzon firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCRABBLE in the City
- Go Lounge, 1718 Queen St West
- Thursdays 6:00-9:00 P.M.
- Roger Cullman 416-995-7643 email@example.com
- Oregon Coast Drop-In SCRABBLE Club
- Bier One, 424 SW Highway 101. Admission restricted by venue to ages 21 and over.
- Thursdays beginning around 6:00 P.M.
- Stephanie Brown 541-961-1823 OCDscrabble@groups.facebook.com
- Lloyd Hall, #1 Boathouse Row
- Tuesday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Daniel Maier
- (215) 685-3936
- Houston Friday Evening Scrabble Club
- Luby's Cafeteria, Post Oak & San Felipe, 1743 Post Oak Blvd., 77056
- Fridays, 3:00 - 8:30 PM
- Contact Person: Shirley Petrey, 713-728-2976
- Greater Milwaukee SCRABBLE Club
- September–May at Mayfair Mall Food Court (Wauwatosa, WI) and May–September at McDonald’s at 124th and Capitol Drive (Wauwatosa, WI)
- Thursdays 6:00 P.M.–9:00 P.M.
- Susan Love or Jim Hahn 414-369-2373 JimBeKind@aol.com