We welcome inquiries from the media concerning our association, its clubs and tournaments
and its players.
For further information, please contact NASPA copresidents
Chris Cree in Dallas, TX
John Chew in Toronto, ON;
or NASPA spokespersons
Robin Pollock Daniel in Toronto, ON
Matthew Hodge in Moore, OK.
- November 10, 2014: Evan Berofsky featured in an article in the Oakland Press.
- August 27, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quotes about the new words on the Colbert Report.
- August 10, 2014: Several players interviewed in a feature article about the 2014 National SCRABBLE Championship in the Buffalo news.
- August 8, 2014: Oliver Roeder reports on the Nigel Richards phenomenon on fivethirtyeight.com.
- August 5, 2014: Chris Cree and John Chew help MentalFloss with some fun facts about our game.
- August 5, 2014: John Chew gives the Canadian perspective on the new words in the National Post
- August 5, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quoted at length in an article about the new words in the Globe and Mail
- August 5, 2014: John Chew quoted in an article about the new words at Forbes.
- August 5, 2014: Chris Cree quoted in a Reuters article about the new words.
- August 5, 2014: 18-minute interview with Simi Sara on CKNW 980 with John Chew about the new words.
- August 5, 2014: ABC News talks about our new words.
- August 4, 2014: John Chew quoted briefly in the New York Daily News on the new edition of OSPD.
- August 4, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quoted in an AP story about new words coming into OSPD.
- August 4, 2014: Chris Cree and John Chew quoted by CNN (Spanish translation) on the new words.
- April 22, 2014: John Chew on CTV National News with members of the Toronto SCRABBLE Club talking about GEOCACHE.
- April 10, 2014: Stefan Fatsis quotes John Chew and Chris Cree at Slate in The Word That Won Scrabble’s New-Word Contest Is Totally Useless in Scrabble
- March 16, 2014: John Chew mentioned in the Wall Street Journal article “This Scrabble-Playing Robot Is a Sore Loser”
- March 14, 2014: Stefan Fatsis writes on Slate.com about the 2014 SCRABBLE Word Showdown
- March 14, 2014: John Chew on CTV News Channel talking about the 2014 SCRABBLE Word Showdown
- March 13, 2014: John Chew on NPR’s Here and Now to talk about the 2014 SCRABBLE Word Showdown
Recent Press Releases
Older Press Releases