You are viewing a condensed mobile version of this NASPA webpage.
Switch to full version.
- Lubbock (TX) NASPA Club #124 club member Kay Weston profiles club director Ann Skylstad in Lubbock Senior Link] magazine.
- Media outlets interview NASPA members about the release of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, 7th Edition (OSPD7):
- November 30, 2022: KDKA-TV interviews Pittsburgh (PA) NASPA Club #655 director Bob Hagerty about OSPD7.
- November 28, 2022: Stefan Fatsis writes in Slate about OSPD7.
- November 26, 2022: The Observer-Reporter interviews Pittsburgh (PA) NASPA Club #655 director Bob Hagerty and other members about OSPD7.
- November 19, 2022: The New York Post reports that professional players are apooplectic about the new words. Players quoted include Joel Sherman, Fran Shaw, Cesar Del Solar, and Stefan Fatsis.
- November 18, 2022: John Chew appears on the Calgary Eyeopener segment on CBC Radio. Interview appears at about 23 minutes into the segment.
- November 17, 2022: CTV News interviews John Chew.
- November 17, 2022: The Washington Post interviews NASPA CEO John Chew, Robin Pollock Daniel, Orry Swift, and Jesse Day.
- November 16, 2022: Alan Stern appears on KNX News Radio.
- August 16, 2022: Two travel writers at the Roanoker fit in a session at the Charlottesville (VA) NASPA Club #543 during their visit to Charlottesville.
- August 4, 2022: The Los Angeles Times HS Insider visits Los Angeles (CA) NASPA Club #44.
- Media outlets cover the 2022 Scrabble Players Championship.
- August 25, 2022: City News interviews and plays a game on Woogles with Michael Fagen.
- August 22, 2022: Great Day Louisiana on 4WWL interviews CSW champion Austin Shin.
- August 11, 2022: Maclean's magazine interviews Michael Fagen about the recent championship.
- August 9, 2022: Global News interviews Michael Fagen.
- August 3, 2022: The Commons interviews Vermont player Sara Corbin about her experience at the championship.
- August 2, 2022: CTV News interviews Michael Fagen and Cote St Luc NASPA Club #83 directors Bernard Gotlieb and Sary Karanofsky.
- August 2, 2022: The Montreal Gazette interviews Michael Fagen.
- August 2, 2022: CBC TV interviews Michael Fagen.
- July 31, 2022: CJAD 800 AM interviews Michael Fagen.
- July 29, 2022: Hayes Gardner's article about the championship appeared on the front page of the Baltimore Sun and was reprinted in several other newspapers, including:
- July 26, 2022: Baltimore Fishbowl interviews John Chew and details the role of Cheryl Kagan in bringing the championship to Baltimore.
- Pakistan media outlets cover Waseem Khatri who placed 2nd in the CSW division at 2022 Scrabble Players Championship.
- July 13, 2022: WordFinder gathers stats and trivia about Scrabble championships over the years.
- July 2, 2022: The Spectator writes about John Chew and NASPA’s role in the removal of offensive slurs from international play.
- Boston (MA) media outlets cover NASPA youth player James Donnelly's recent 2nd place finish in the North American School Scrabble Championship in Washington (DC) and his plans to attend the Scrabble Players Championship in Baltimore (MD).
- San Antonio (TX) media outlets cover NASPA youth player Ricky Rodriguez as he prepares to compete in the North American School Scrabble Championship in Washington (DC).
- April 19, 2022: Fox 11 Los Angeles joined Huntington Beach NASPA Club #34 to celebrate the 101st birthday of club member Desiree Engel.
- March 22, 2022: In Slate, Stefan Fatsis writes about playing in NASPA tournaments in Albany over New Year's and in Kingston (ON) in March.
- January 10, 2022: WordFinder interviews John Chew about NASPA and the process of creating the word list.