You are viewing a condensed mobile version of this NASPA webpage.
Switch to full version.
- May 13, 2021: Book Riot provides an overview of Scrabble dictionaries - including the NASPA Word List.
- May 6, 2021: The Portland Press Herald interviews Maine player Jamie Logan about tournament Scrabble and her appearance on Jeopardy!
- May 4, 2021: San Antonio (TX) player Ricky Rodriguez was featured on the local Fox News affiliate for his petition to honor a young boy who died unexpectedly.
- April 26, 2021: Montgomery County Media reports on Maryland State Senator Cheryl Kagan being honored with the 2021 Hyman Bookbinder Award. Among those offering tributes was NASPA CEO John Chew who recounted how Cheryl led us to Baltimore for the NASC.
- April 20, 2021: The John Oakley Show interviewed John Chew from 15:48 to 15:58 about Mattel’s plans to remove offensive slurs from the Collins lexicon.
- April 18, 2021: The Orange County Register profiles NASPA Lifetime Member Desiree Engel who turned 100 the day after she competed in the Tossup spelling bee for competitive Scrabble players.
- April 14, 2021: 7NEWS in Australia covers the ongoing debate about the removal of offensive slurs and recaps John Chew's interview with CNN last year.
- April 12, 2021: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah featured a segment where Dulce Sloan talked to Lisa Odom and Will Anderson about the decision to remove offensive slurs from the NASPA Word List.
- March 17,2021: Frontier College's annual Scrabble for Literacy fundraiser will take place online on March 18 with the participation of NASPA members Jackson Smylie, Joshua Sokol, John Chew, and Will Anderson. An edited version of the online event can be viewed on YouTube.
- February 27, 2021: Washington NASPA Club #711 director Ted Gest writes a Letter to the Editor about a recent Washington Post essay on playing Scrabble with a robot.
- January 6, 2021: 7News mentions NASPA's decision to remove slurs in article on campaign to remove slurs in Australia.