We welcome inquiries from the media concerning our association, its clubs and tournaments
and its players.
For further information, please contact NASPA copresidents
Chris Cree in Dallas, TX
John Chew in Toronto, ON.
- November 17, 2017: The Valley News covers the annual Catamount Cup where players from Northern Vermont face off against a team from Southern Vermont.
- November 16, 2017: The New Yorker interviews Will Anderson, Conrad Bassett-Bouchard, Kate Fukawa-Connelly, Jesse Day, Debbie Stegman, and Joe Edley about their favorite, most improbable, worst, most patient, most regretful, and most humbling plays.
- November 5, 2017: WLOS covers the Asheville (NC) tournament directed by Bill Snoddy.
- October 6, 2017: Per the Wall Street Journal, Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona is an avid SCRABBLE player on his iPad. NASPA co-president Chris Cree issues a challenge to Terry.
- September 25, 2017: Skidmore College interviews Junior World SCRABBLE champion Matthew O'Connor '20.
- 2017 North American SCRABBLE Championship
- Youth SCRABBLE - Coverage of Ian Whitehurst and Kevin Zeng being named as the top Elementary School team.
- July 7, 2017: Joshua Zinn from the radio program Houston Matters interviews Robin Lewis of Houston (TX) NASPA Club #359.
- July 1, 2017: The Journal-Gazette & Times Courier reports on the attempt by Scott Garner and Marty Gabriel to set a Guinness record for the highest SCRABBLE score in 24 hours.
- June 14, 2017: The Weston (WV) News profiles Kaia - Peace Corps volunteer, librarian, and SCRABBLE player.
- May 21, 2017: The Welland Tribune interviews Chris Lipe, youth player Tyler Lee, and director Sue Tremblay at the 3rd Niagara Falls (ON) International Open.
- March 29, 2017: The Commercial-News previews the 12th annual SCRABBLE for Literacy tournament in Danville (IL).
- March 23, 2017: The Orlando Sentinel profiles Casselberry/Orlando (FL) NASPA Club #438 on its 20th anniversary.
- Toronto (ON) School SCRABBLE Championship
- March 26, 2017: CTV News covers the Toronto Championship as well as a School SCRABBLE competition in Edmonton (AB).
- March 23, 2017: CTV Toronto covers the 9th annual Toronto (ON)School SCRABBLE Championship.
- January 30, 2017: The Philadelphia Inquirer reveals the impact that a Marian Anderson concert had on Philly SCRABBLE legend Matt Hopkins as a child.
- January 22, 2017: Coverage of the 7th annual Ottawa-Montreal Scrabble Challenge
- September 30, 2016: CBC covers Shediac (NB) tournament.
- 2016 North American SCRABBLE Championship
- August 12, 2016: Spartanburg Herald Journal interviews David Gibson.
- August 11, 2016: Spartanburg (SC) CBS affiliate WSPA and Myrtle Beach (SC) CBS affiliate WBTW cover the victory of local resident David Gibson.
- August 11, 2016: Local NPR affiliate WBOI interviews David Gibson, Mack Meller, and Heather McCall at the NASC.
- August 10, 2016: Hasbro press release wraps up the event.
- August 10, 2016: New England Public Radio interviews Division 3 winner Ben Greenwood.
- August 8, 2016: Fort Wayne Fox affiliate WFFT interviews Jesse Matthews.
- August 7, 2016: Fort Wayne ABC affiliate 21Alive and The Journal Gazette interview Dallas Johnson and Robin Pollock Daniel who describes SCRABBLE as "chess with tiles."
- August 6, 2016: The Journal Gazette interviews NASC director Dallas Johnson amid play on Day 1.
- August 6, 2016: Local news channel WANE-TV covers the NASC on Day 1.
- August 5, 2016: News-Sentinel profiles local players Kathleen Long, Timothy Long, and Dan Wenger.
- August 5, 2016: Terre Haute Tribune Star previews NASC in Fort Wayne.
- July 24, 2016: Stamford Advocate covered weekend tournament held in Stamford (CT).
- July 21, 2016: Victoria News interviews Victoria (BC) NASPA members Tim Thielmann and Rhonda Reece.
- July 17, 2016: KRAL interviewed tournament director David Klionsky about the Robb Griffith Memorial tournament scheduled for July 23rd in Durham (NC).
- July 1, 2016: JG-TC reports on attempt of Marty Gabriel and Scott Garner to break Guiness SCRABBLE record.
- June 8, 2016: Global News reports on Shediac (NB) tournament scheduled to celebrate 90th anniversary of 1st crossword game invented by local resident Edward MacDonald.
- June 6, 2016: John Robertson and Andy Saunders, authors of A's Bad As It Gets, cited in Sports Illustrated article on 1916 Philadelphia Athletics.
- June 2, 2016: Omaha Magazine coverage of Omaha NASPA Club #582.
- May 21, 2016: News-Sentinel and WOWO coverage of Fort Wayne (IN) tournament.
- May 19, 2016: Wall Street Journal interviews 2015 world champion Wellington Jighere. Features photos of 2015 North American SCRABBLE Championship and Chris Lipe who is quoted along with Stefan Fatsis.
- 2016 Canadian National SCRABBLE Championship
- 2016 North American School SCRABBLE Championship
- February 3, 2016: The Oklahoman interviews members of the Oklahoma City club for a lengthy feature article.
- January 21, 2016: Newsworks interview John Green about the ASAP School SCRABBLE Program in Philadelphia.
- January 14, 2016: Omaha.com reports on George Asaka and the Omaha Scrabble Club.
- November 22, 2015: The Lexington Herald Leader reports on the Bluegrass Scrabble Fall Classic, interviewing Lindsey Dimmick, Steve Bush, Jeff Clark, Joey Krafchick and others.
- 2015 North American SCRABBLE Championship
- July 23, 2015: Chris Cree talks about Nigel Richards winning the French WSC on The Daily Beast.
- May 25, 2015: John Chew interviewed by CTV News Channel about the new words in the Collins word list.
- May 21, 2015: John Chew interviewed by NPR and Reuters about the new words in the Collins word list.
- May 17, 2015: Noah Kalus and Zach Ansel's win at the 2015 North American School SCRABBLE Championship and subsequent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel reported on by the Times Herald-Record (of Middletown, NY), the Poughkeepsie Journal, Oneida Dispatch, Ridgefield Press, Toy News, and others.
- April 21, 2015: 2014 National SCRABBLE Champion Conrad Bassett-Bouchard and others mentioned in an article entitled “Winning SCRABBLE and the Nature of Expertise” in Scientific American.
- 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship
- December 9, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe interviewed in Rome Sentinel.
- November 24, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe mentioned in Business Insider.
- November 23, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe mentioned in The Telegraph.
- November 23, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe mentioned in The Independent.
- November 22, 2014: John Chew leads off a BBC News story about the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship.
- November 21, 2014: Jesse Matthews, John Chew, Adam Logan and others featured in a story about the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship on AlJazeera.com.
- November 21, 2014: John Chew quotes briefly in a BBC News story about the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship.
- November 20, 2014: Conrad Bassett-Bouchard gives SCRABBLE tips to OPB leading up to the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship.
- November 10, 2014: Evan Berofsky featured in an article in the Oakland Press.
- 2014 National SCRABBLE Championship
- 2015 Changes to OSPD and OTCWL
- August 27, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quotes about the new words on the Colbert Report.
- August 5, 2014: Chris Cree and John Chew help MentalFloss with some fun facts about our game.
- August 5, 2014: John Chew gives the Canadian perspective on the new words in the National Post
- August 5, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quoted at length in an article about the new words in the Globe and Mail
- August 5, 2014: John Chew quoted in an article about the new words at Forbes.
- August 5, 2014: Chris Cree quoted in a Reuters article about the new words.
- August 5, 2014: 18-minute interview with Simi Sara on CKNW 980 with John Chew about the new words.
- August 5, 2014: ABC News talks about our new words.
- August 4, 2014: John Chew quoted briefly in the New York Daily News on the new edition of OSPD.
- August 4, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quoted in an AP story about new words coming into OSPD.
- August 4, 2014: Chris Cree and John Chew quoted by CNN (Spanish translation) on the new words.
- March 16, 2014: John Chew mentioned in the Wall Street Journal article “This Scrabble-Playing Robot Is a Sore Loser”
- 2014 SCRABBLE Word Showdown
- 2010 National SCRABBLE Championship
Older Press Releases