* Use multiple levels of headings appropriately.
* Use boldface (entered by surrounding the text by triple apostrophes like '''this''') to emphasize the first appearance of the article title in the first paragraph of an article, when applicable. Do not use boldface for general emphasis.
* Single quotes: use <code> &lsquo; </code> and <code> &rsquo; </code> (like ‘this’), not the plain ' symbol.
Use the plain ' symbol only as an apostrophe.
* Double quotes: use <code> &ldquo; </code> and <code> &rdquo; </code> (like “this”), not the plain " symbol.
* Use double quotes for the first level of quotation, single quotes for the second (nested) level.
* Use <code> &ndash; </code> (–) and not - for numerical and date ranges or elsewhere where endashes are called for.
* Use <code> &mdash; </code> (—) and not -- where emdashes are called for.