We welcome inquiries from the media concerning our association, its clubs and tournaments
and its players.
For further information, please contact NASPA copresidents
Chris Cree in Dallas, TX
John Chew in Toronto, ON.
- 2016 Canadian National SCRABBLE Championship
- 2016 North American School SCRABBLE Championship
- February 3, 2016: The Oklahoman interviews members of the Oklahoma City club for a lengthy feature article.
- January 21, 2016: Newsworks interview John Green about the ASAP School SCRABBLE Program in Philadelphia.
- January 14, 2016: Omaha.com reports on George Asaka and the Omaha Scrabble Club.
- November 22, 2015: The Lexington Herald Leader reports on the Bluegrass Scrabble Fall Classic, interviewing Lindsey Dimmick, Steve Bush, Jeff Clark, Joey Krafchick and others.
- 2015 North American SCRABBLE Championship
- July 23, 2015: Chris Cree talks about Nigel Richards winning the French WSC on The Daily Beast.
- May 25, 2015: John Chew interviewed by CTV News Channel about the new words in the Collins word list.
- May 21, 2015: John Chew interviewed by NPR and Reuters about the new words in the Collins word list.
- May 17, 2015: Noah Kalus and Zach Ansel's win at the 2015 North American School SCRABBLE Championship and subsequent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel reported on by the Times Herald-Record (of Middletown, NY), the Poughkeepsie Journal, Oneida Dispatch, Ridgefield Press, Toy News, and others.
- April 21, 2015: 2014 National SCRABBLE Champion Conrad Bassett-Bouchard and others mentioned in an article entitled “Winning SCRABBLE and the Nature of Expertise” in Scientific American.
- 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship
- December 9, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe interviewed in Rome Sentinel.
- November 24, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe mentioned in Business Insider.
- November 23, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe mentioned in The Telegraph.
- November 23, 2014: 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship runner-up Chris Lipe mentioned in The Independent.
- November 22, 2014: John Chew leads off a BBC News story about the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship.
- November 21, 2014: Jesse Matthews, John Chew, Adam Logan and others featured in a story about the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship on AlJazeera.com.
- November 21, 2014: John Chew quotes briefly in a BBC News story about the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship.
- November 20, 2014: Conrad Bassett-Bouchard gives SCRABBLE tips to OPB leading up to the 2014 World SCRABBLE Championship.
- November 10, 2014: Evan Berofsky featured in an article in the Oakland Press.
- 2014 National SCRABBLE Championship
- 2015 Changes to OSPD and OTCWL
- August 27, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quotes about the new words on the Colbert Report.
- August 5, 2014: Chris Cree and John Chew help MentalFloss with some fun facts about our game.
- August 5, 2014: John Chew gives the Canadian perspective on the new words in the National Post
- August 5, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quoted at length in an article about the new words in the Globe and Mail
- August 5, 2014: John Chew quoted in an article about the new words at Forbes.
- August 5, 2014: Chris Cree quoted in a Reuters article about the new words.
- August 5, 2014: 18-minute interview with Simi Sara on CKNW 980 with John Chew about the new words.
- August 5, 2014: ABC News talks about our new words.
- August 4, 2014: John Chew quoted briefly in the New York Daily News on the new edition of OSPD.
- August 4, 2014: Robin Pollock Daniel quoted in an AP story about new words coming into OSPD.
- August 4, 2014: Chris Cree and John Chew quoted by CNN (Spanish translation) on the new words.
- March 16, 2014: John Chew mentioned in the Wall Street Journal article “This Scrabble-Playing Robot Is a Sore Loser”
- 2014 SCRABBLE Word Showdown
- 2010 National SCRABBLE Championship
Older Press Releases