Here is a bibliography of SCRABBLE-related scholarly research of which we are aware. To add to this list, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Appel, Andrew W. and Guy J. Jacobson. "The world's fastest Scrabble program." Communications of the ACM 31, no. 5 (1988): 572–578.
- Chapleau, S., and G. Lapalme. "Athéna: un programme champion de scrabble duplicaté." Technique et science informatiques 2, no. 4 (1983): 249–256.
- de Bernardo, Guillermo, Ana Cerdeira-Pena, Oscar Pedreira, A. S. Places, and Diego Seco. "Scrabble. gz: A web-based collaborative game to promote the galician language." In Advances in Computer-Human Interactions, 2009. ACHI'09. Second International Conferences on, pp. 142-147. IEEE, 2009.
- Frank, Alan. "Brute force search in games of imperfect information." Heuristic Programming in Artificial Intelligence 2, no. 8 (1990): 204-209.
- Gonzalez Romero, Alejandro, and René Alquezar. "Building Policies for Scrabble." In Proceedings of the 2008 conference on Artificial Intelligence Research and Development: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence 8 (2008): 342–351.
- Gonzalez Romero, Alejandro, René Alquezar, Arturo Ramirez, Francisco Gonzalez Acuòa, and Ian Garcia Olmedo. "Human-like Heuristics in Scrabble." In Proceedings of the 2009 conference on Artificial Intelligence Research and Development: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence, pp. 381-390. IOS Press, 2009.
- Gordon, Steven A. "A Faster Scrabble Move Generation Algorithm." Software—Practice and Experience 24, no. 2 (1994): 219–232.
- Gordon, Steven. "A comparison between probabilistic search and weighted heuristics in a game with incomplete information." In Working Notes AAAI Fall Symposium on Games: Planning and Learning. 1993.
- Halck, Ole Martin, and Fredrik A. Dahl. "On classification of games and evaluation of players–with some sweeping generalizations about the literature." In Proceedings of the ICML-99 Workshop on Machine Learning in Game Playing, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana. 1999.
- Lampis, Michael, Valia Mitsou, and Karolina Sołtys. "Scrabble is PSPACE-Complete." In Fun with Algorithms, pp. 258-269. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012.
- McGrath, P., and B. Tangney. "Scrabble-a distributed application with an emphasis on continuity." Software Engineering Journal 5, no. 3 (1990): 160–164.
- Richards, Mark, and Eyal Amir. "Opponent Modeling in Scrabble." In International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1482-1487. 2007.
- Robinove, Charles J. "Letter-frequency bias in an electronic Scrabble game." Chance 15, no. 1 (2002): 30-31.
- Shapiro, Stuart C., and Howard R. Smith. A Scrabble crossword game-playing program. Springer New York, 1988.
- Sheppard, Brian. "Towards Perfect Play of Scrabble." PhD diss., Universiteit Maastricht, 2002.
- Sheppard, Brian. "World-championship-caliber Scrabble." Artificial Intelligence 134 no. 1–2 (2002): 241–275.
- Turcan, P. "A competitive scrabble program." SIGART Newsletter 80 (1982): 104–109.
- Bal, Sharon K. "Leisure activity and risk of dementia scrabble, anyone?." Canadian Family Physician 50 (2004): 51–53.
- Cansino, S., A. Ruiz, and V. López-Alonso. "What does the brain do while playing scrabble?: ERPs associated with a short-long-term memory task." International Journal of Psychophysiology 31, no. 3 (1999): 261–274.
- De Souza, Gita, and Howard J. Klein. "Emergent leadership in the group goal-setting process." Small Group Research 26, no. 4 (1995): 475-496.
- Halpern, D.F. and J. Wai. "The world of competitive Scrabble: Novice and expert differences in visuospatial and verbal abilities." Journal of Experimental Psychological Applications 13, no. 2 (2007): 79–94.
- Hargreaves, Ian S., Penny M. Pexman, Lenka Zdrazilova, and Peter Sargious. "How a hobby can shape cognition: visual word recognition in competitive Scrabble players." Memory & Cognition 40, no. 1 (2012): 1–7.
- Harrison, Brent E., and David L. Roberts. "When Players Quit (Playing Scrabble)." In Artificial Intelligence for Interactive Digital Entertainment. 2012.
- Hills, T.T., P.M. Todd, and R.L. Goldstone. "Search in external and internal spaces: evidence for generalized cognitive search processes." Psychological Science 19, no. 8 (2008): 802–808.
- Maglio, Paul P., Teenie Matlock, Dorth Raphaely, Brian Chernicky, and David Kirsh. "Interactive skill in Scrabble." In Proceedings of the Twenty-first annual conference of the cognitive science society, pp. 326-330. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1999.
- Okulicz, E., W. Vialle, and I. Verenikina. "The Development of Expertise Within a Community of Practice of Scrabble Players." In Learning and Socio-cultural Theory: Exploring Modern Vygotskian Perspectives International Workshop 2007, vol. 1, no. 1, p. 4. 2007.
- Payne, Stephen J., Geoffrey B. Duggan, and Hansjörg Neth. "Discretionary task interleaving: Heuristics for time allocation in cognitive foraging". Journal of Experimental Psychology: General 136 (2007), 370–388.
- Putthiwanit, Chutinon, and Andrew Kincart. "Effect of increase in allotted time on game playing performance: Case study of an online word game." (2011): 231-233.
- Tuffiash, Michael, Roy W. Roring, and K. Anders Ericsson. "Expert Performance in SCRABBLE: Implications for the Study of the Structure and Acquisition of Complex Skills." Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied 13, no. 3 (2007): 124–134.
- Rey, M., J. Pelletier, A. Dalecky, G. Sabbagh, O. Levrier, A. Ali Cherif, and R. Khalil. "Epilepsie réflexe avec crises induites par le calcul mental, le jeu d'échecs et le jeu de scrabble = Reflex epilepsy with seizures induced by calculation, playing chess and scrabble." Revue neurologique 152, no. 2 (1996): 116–120.
- Hervault, C., and M.-E. Parmentier. "Orthoptiste, ergothérapeute et la basse vision : interactions et complémentarités = Orthoptist, ergotherapist and the low vision. Interactions and complementarities." Journal français d'orthoptique 33 (2001): 121–124.
- Dessors, Dominique. "L'intelligence pratique = The practical intelligence." Travailler, no. 29 (2009): 61–68.
- Hebblethwaite, Benjamin. "Scrabble as a tool for Haitian Creole literacy: Sociolinguistic and orthographic foundations." Journal of Pidgin and Creole languages 24, no. 2 (2009): 275–305.
- Knappett, Carl. "Photographs, Skeuomorphs and Marionettes Some Thoughts on Mind, Agency and Object." Journal of material culture 7, no. 1 (2002): 97-117.
- Mahoney, A., and J. A. Rydberg-Cox. "A note on Scrabble in Latin." Classical Outlook 78, no. 2 (2001): 58-60.
- Murray, Thomas E. "The words of Scrabble." American Speech 60, no. 2 (1985): 126-140.
- Polak, J. J. "The Economics of Scrabble." The American Economic Review 45, no. 4 (1955): 648-652.
- Quinn, Robert J., and Lynda R. Wiest. "Reinventing Scrabble with Middle School Students." Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School 5, no. 4 (1999): 210-13.
- Richardson, Mary, John Gabrosek, Diann Reischman, and Phyllis Curtiss. "Morse code, scrabble, and the alphabet." Journal of Statistics Education 12, no. 3 (2004): n3.
- Shulman, David, and Joseph Leonard. "More on the Words of Scrabble." American Speech 61.4 (1986): 338-339.