This page contains current and recent breaking news about NASPA.
- IContact: an online archive of NASPA News (originally called Tournament Talk), a weekly newsletter, and other emails sent to the membership.
- NASPA Bulletin: an online archive of NASPA Bulletins (not currently in publication).
- Club news: news about activities at our sanctioned clubs
- Member news: news about our members outside of their Scrabble lives
- SCRABBLE in the news : Links to articles about SCRABBLE players, clubs, and tournaments.
- Tournament calendar: upcoming tournaments
- Tournament results: past tournaments
- ... and our home page, which will always list the top stories.
NASPA CEO John Chew issues a statement on important community values and discusses the issue of removing slurs from the NASPA Word List.
Voting for the 2 contested seats - US Midwest and US Northeast - runs from June 1st through June 30th. Heidi Robertson wins the Canada district by acclamation. John Ortman wins the US West district by acclamation.
May 28, 2020 2020 NASC Canceled
The 2020 North American SCRABBLE Championship has been been canceled because of ongoing concerns about the coronavirus pandemic.
May 14, 2020 NWL2018 is now available in SCRABBLE GO
The NASPA Word List 2018 (NWL2018) is now available in SCRABBLE GO, the new SCRABBLE mobile game.
Elections for NASPA's Advisory Board (AB) are approaching. This year four elective seats need to be filled:
- US Midwest
- US Northeast
- US West
Nominations are open from May 1 through May 31, 2020. To nominate yourself or someone else, contact NASPA at email@example.com.
March 18, 2020 NASPA suspended club and tournament activity because of COVID-19
NASPA has suspended all club and tournament activity because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
NASPA released Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for members and directors.
January 30, 2020 Registration is open for the 2020 NASC in Baltimore (MD) from August 1 to 5, 2020
Registration is now open for the 2020 North American SCRABBLE Championship. Click here to find out more.