2017 Press Archive
You are viewing a condensed mobile version of this NASPA webpage.
Switch to full version.
- December 12, 2017: The Philadelphia Inquirer profiles 2004 Person of the Year Matt Hopkins.
- Winter, 2017: Columbia Magazine profiles freshman Mack Meller who placed 2nd in this year's North American SCRABBLE Championship.
- December 6, 2017: Honolulu Magazine profiles NASPA's recreational club organized by Darren Seu and Claire Dunham.
- Marty Gabriel and Scott Garner set a Guiness record for the highest SCRABBLE score in 24 hours.
- November 27, 2017: Fairfield's Hamlet Hub reports that Dustin Brown will be coaching the Pequot (CT) Library's SCRABBLE Club for children.
- November 17, 2017: The Valley News covers the annual Catamount Cup where players from Northern Vermont face off against a team from Southern Vermont.
- November 16, 2017: The New Yorker interviews Will Anderson, Conrad Bassett-Bouchard, Kate Fukawa-Connelly, Jesse Day, Debbie Stegman, and Joe Edley about their favorite, most improbable, worst, most patient, most regretful, and most humbling plays.
- November 5, 2017: WLOS covers the Asheville (NC) tournament directed by Bill Snoddy.
- October 6, 2017: Per the Wall Street Journal, Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona is an avid SCRABBLE player on his iPad. NASPA co-president Chris Cree issues a challenge to Terry.
- September 25, 2017: Skidmore College interviews Junior World SCRABBLE champion Matthew O'Connor '20.
- 2017 North American SCRABBLE Championship
- Youth SCRABBLE - Coverage of Ian Whitehurst and Kevin Zeng being named as the top Elementary School team.
- July 7, 2017: Joshua Zinn from the radio program Houston Matters interviews Robin Lewis of Houston (TX) NASPA Club #359.
- July 1, 2017: The Journal-Gazette & Times Courier reports on the attempt by Scott Garner and Marty Gabriel to set a Guinness record for the highest SCRABBLE score in 24 hours.
- June 14, 2017: The Weston (WV) News profiles Kaia - Peace Corps volunteer, librarian, and SCRABBLE player.
- May 21, 2017: The Welland Tribune interviews Chris Lipe, youth player Tyler Lee, and director Sue Tremblay at the 3rd Niagara Falls (ON) International Open.
- March 29, 2017: The Commercial-News previews the 12th annual SCRABBLE for Literacy tournament in Danville (IL).
- March 23, 2017: The Orlando Sentinel profiles Casselberry/Orlando (FL) NASPA Club #438 on its 20th anniversary.
- Toronto (ON) School SCRABBLE Championship
- March 26, 2017: CTV News covers the Toronto Championship as well as a School SCRABBLE competition in Edmonton (AB).
- March 23, 2017: CTV Toronto covers the 9th annual Toronto (ON)School SCRABBLE Championship.
- January 30, 2017: The Philadelphia Inquirer reveals the impact that a Marian Anderson concert had on Philly SCRABBLE legend Matt Hopkins as a child.
- January 22, 2017: Coverage of the 7th annual Ottawa-Montreal Scrabble Challenge