One of the key strengths of the SCRABBLE game is that it can be enjoyed at many different levels. Recognizing that not everyone wants to learn a set of tournament rules or even study the official word list, we established our list of Recreational Clubs in July 2013.
We hope that after you have played at a Recreational Club for a while, you'll want to see if you've got what it takes at one of our competitive clubs.
Registering a Recreational Club
To register a new club, complete the Club Listing Request form and submit it.
In order to maintain registered status, clubs must meet the following criteria:
Changing Club Information
Please keep us up to date when things change at your recreational club. Send changes pertaining to club location, meeting time, address, email, website, or anything shown on your club listing to the Club Committee email@example.com.
Recreational vs. Competitive Club: What are the differences?
Recreational Club Roster
- Tuesday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Appleby Apartments - Party Room, 2996 N Gregg Ave
- Ann Williams
- Monday 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
- Pizza Hut, 4708 Planz Road
- John Blankenship
- Laguna Woods
- Laguna Woods Village SCRABBLE Club
- Monday 12:45 P.M. -3 games
- $2 (first monthly Monday free)
- 24262 Punta Alta, Clubhouse #5 -Room #2, Dining Room #1, Laguna Woods 92637
- If non-resident, call contacts below one hour prior for gate entry
- Gary Moss (949) 510-1673
- Fern Trausch (949) 830-5244
- Boca Raton
- Tuesday 1:00 P.M.
- Veranda Club, 6061 Palmetto Circle North
- Elaine Adams
- (561) 409-2335
- Tampa Bay/Pasco/North Pinellas County
- Please contact:
- Joan Knobelsdorf
- (727) 785-1823
- firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Waycross Gaming Community
- Casual Play
- Friday 6:00 P.M.
- Waycross Mall Food Court, 2215 Memorial Drive
- Special Events TBA
- Waycross-Ware County Public Library, 401 Lee Avenue
- Tricia Baker
- Wednesday 6:30 P.M. - 9:30 P.M.
- Kahala Mall Shopping Center
- Darren Seu email@example.com
- Claire Dunham (808) 429-8493
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- McCracken County Public Library, 555 Washington St.
- Mononymous Hooper
- (270) 564-2153
- Maine Scrabble Community
- Tuesday 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Highland Green Community Center, 7 Evergreen Circle
- Jamie Logan
- (571) 438-7238
- Not all players use clocks, though people are welcomed to if they wish.
- St. Louis
- BreadCo Scrabblers
- Wednesday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- St. Louis Bread Company (Panera), 1008 Loughborough Ave.
- Brian Summers
- (314) 807-7579
- Public Library (downstairs), 1 Landing Court (off Hampton Road)
- Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
- Monday 2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M., September-May only
- Chuck Abbate
- (506) 849-0581 (h), (506) 849-1137 (w)
- Call director for various times and places.
- Alan Hecht
- (718) 252-2161
- Thursday 4:45 P.M.
- 18 Prince Street
- Vee Hill
- (347) 262-3084
- Club website
- Tuesdays and Saturdays, dates vary, call for info.
- Shoppingtown Mall
- Kieran O'Connor
- (315) 481-8541
- West Babylon, Long Island
- Club website
- Tuesday 4:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
- Panera Bread, 1025 West Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704
- Bob Krause
- (631) 328-3118
- Jon Kent
- Tuesday Noon
- New Hanover County Public Library, Myrtle Grove Branch
- 5155 S College Rd, Wilmington NC 28412
- Stephen Stanley
- (910) 620-7810
- Cuyahoga Falls
- Last Sunday of each month (except December) 2:00 P.M. - 4:30 P.M.
- Cuyahoga Falls Library, 2015 Third Street
- Donna Lillo
- (330) 922-9833
- Monday 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Breckenridge Village, Schaeffer Center, 36855 Ridge Road
- Nancy Schuman
- (440) 942-7337
- Oklahoma City
- Monday 5:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Glenda Short
- Joe Gatz
- Please call Glenda Short for location.
- (405) 620-1711
- Thursday 1:30 P.M.
- The Cornwall Scrabble Club
- Cornwall Public Library, 45 Second St. East
- Vivianne Panizzon
- Monday 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. September-June
- We play 2 games. Free.
- Springwater Public Library (Midhurst Branch), 12 Finlay Mill Rd.
- Heather McIntosh
- North Bay
- Thursday 6:30 P.M.
- North Bay Scrabble Club
- Empire Living Centre, 425 Fraser St.
- Ken Peters
- (705) 663-1313
- SCRABBLE in the City
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Go Lounge, 1718 Queen St West
- Roger Cullman
- (416) 995-7643
- Oregon Coast Drop-In SCRABBLE Club
- Thursday 6:00 P.M.
- Bier One, 424 SW Highway 101. Admission restricted by venue to ages 21 and over.
- Stephanie Brown
- (541) 961-1823
- North Kingston
- Thursday 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (alternating Thursdays, check website)
- Dan's Tavern on the Green, 615 Callahan Rd., North Kingston 02852
- Daniella Norwood
- Sunday 1:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
- Black Walnut Cafe, 1205 Church Street, Grapevine, TX 76034
- We meet most weekends at the Black Walnut Cafe in Grapevine, TX. I send out an email by Friday letting interested players know that we will be meeting (or won't meet if most of our players are out of town). The cafe will be crowded when you arrive. By the end of the first game, the cafe will be mostly empty. For details on the cafe check out https://www.blackwalnutcafe.com/locations/dallas-locations/colleyville/
- Kate Watson
- Friday 3:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Houston Friday Evening Scrabble Club
- Café Express, 3800 Southwest Freeway
- Shirley Petrey
- (832) 368-5186
- Milwaukee (Wauwatosa)
- Greater Milwaukee SCRABBLE Club
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- September - May: Mayfair Mall Food Court (Wauwatosa, WI)
- May - September: McDonald's, 124th and Capitol Drive (Wauwatosa, WI)
- Susan Love or Jim Hahn
- (414) 369-2373