What is NASPA-PRO
NASPA-PRO is a yahoo group used for its listserv capacity, and the rest of this message pertains to this listserv capacity. NASPA-PRO is the official, members-only listserv of the North American SCRABBLE Players Association. Like most listserv discussion groups, NASPA-PRO is meant to make communication among the membership rapid, easy, and widespread. Because it is a members-only list, it also provides a forum that is comfortable for players to discuss sensitive issues. To be a useful forum, NASPA-PRO needs something from each of us — our stewardship. If the focus of this list is to be on NASPA and its mission, then each one of us must take the time to learn and use the listserv effectively and appropriately.
How to Subscribe to NASPA-PRO
To join the NASPA-PRO list, simply follow these directions:
From the e-mail account under which you wish to be subscribed, send a plain-text e-mail message to: email@example.com
Leave the subject line and body of the message blank. You will then receive a message from the list serve asking you to confirm your subscription. Click "reply" and "send" to that email, and you will be subscribed to the list.
Appropriate use of the NASPA-PRO listserv
Since the listserv is an official NASPA list that serves NASPA members, postings to it should relate to the NASPA mission statement:
“We are a community of tournament, club and avid home players of the SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword Game. We foster an atmosphere for people of all skill levels to play their favorite game, improve their abilities and above all, meet people who share a similar love of the game.”
As such, posts should serve the following purposes:
- to facilitate communication among NASPA members about the game, including, but not limited to posts about study, tournament and club reports, questions about rules and etiquette, etc.;
- to encourage and support SCRABBLE play in NASPA tournaments and clubs;
- to serve the interests of SCRABBLE players who have chosen to join NASPA.
As such, please keep these general guidelines in mind:
- Be sure to include a descriptive subject line. E-mails received with no subject line may likely be perceived as spam by an email filter and be deleted before reaching the recipient's inbox.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, and threatening language is strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
Replying to messages
- Personal replies should be directed to specific individuals rather than to the entire list.
- Be respectful and considerate of others in your postings. If you disagree or become upset with someone individually, reply to that person directly when appropriate.
- When replying to a message, you usually don't need to repeat or quote the entire mail message. A judiciously-edited original included in your reply will render your own message more succinct and useful for the other members.
- It is inappropriate to re-post others' posts from this listserv elsewhere without their permission.
Appropriate forums for messages
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- Solicitation, promotion, or sales of commercial products or services is inappropriate on NASPA-PRO. NASPA Tournament organizers may promote their events, and NASPA members may promote non-NASPA literacy and charity events.
- This listserv is intended for discussion among NASPA members. NASPA leadership does not monitor this forum, though Executive Committee and all committee chairs and members do read individual posted messages on occasion. This forum is moderated by the Social Media Committee. If you have questions specifically for NASPA leadership, please direct your concerns to the appropriate committee or to the NASPA Advisory Board, who serve as the players' representatives to the Executive Committee.
How to unsubscribe from NASPA-PRO
Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org