This article describes Membership Committee Procedures, and should be reviewed and updated regularly by
Membership Committee members.
Manually Adding Members
This procedure is for manually adding members to the database.
At present, since there is no way to automatically add members to the
database, it should be followed for all additions.
In future, when automatic payment processing is enabled, this
procedure should still be followed for membership payments received
- Log onto the Membership Database Editor using your regular NASPA (not NASPAWiki) password. If you are told that you do not have permission to access the editor, ask a member of the Web Committee to grant you that permission.
- Search for the new member in the database. The database includes all rated members, and it is essential for the correct functioning of the rating system that existing members be assigned their new NASPA IDs rather than that new records be created for existing members. If you aren't sure, query the member.
- If a new member is found, edit his/her record. Add their NASPA ID (“next”) and expiry date (“2010-12-31”) by clicking on “Set up new member”, and update any contact information that came with the payment.
- If you need to add a new member, enter their NASPA ID as “next” and then their full name, before clicking the button to add them. Once you have added the record for the new member, enter their expiry date and contact information as above.
- If the member has provided an e-mail address, click on the “Welcome” button to send them their welcome email.