This article describes Membership Committee procedures, and should be reviewed and updated regularly by
Membership Committee members.
Manually adding members
This procedure is for manually adding members to the database.
It should only be followed for members who do not sign up
- Log onto the membership database editor using your regular NASPA (not NASPAWiki) password. If you are told that you do not have permission to access the editor, ask a member of Web Committee to grant you that permission.
- Search for the new member in the database. The database includes all rated members, and it is essential for the correct functioning of the rating system that existing members be assigned their new NASPA IDs rather than that new records be created for existing members. If you aren't sure, query the member.
- If a new member is found, edit his/her record. Add their NASPA ID (“next”) and expiry date (“2010-12-31”) by clicking on “Set up new member”, and update any contact information that came with the payment.
- If you need to add a new member, enter their NASPA ID as “next” and then their full name, before clicking the button to add them. Once you have added the record for the new member, enter their expiry date and contact information as above.
- If the member has provided an email address, click on the “Welcome” button to send them their welcome email.
- Make sure that John Chew is advised of the membership fee paid, if any.
Reassigning NASPA IDs
At present, reassigning a NASPA ID requires ssh access,
and therefore requests (typically associated with upgrading
regular members to committee members) should be referred
to John Chew
- At the shell prompt, carefully enter:
renumber-player old-naspa-id new-naspa-id