We are keeping this page about the 2016 North American School SCRABBLE Championship updated regularly with news about the event.
- On April 6th, our staff are beginning to travel to the event venue.
- We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday morning, in the Putnam Club, on the west side of Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA!
- On February 22nd, Hasbro’s Scrabble Team announced:
- Registration opens today, February 22 at 10am EST for the 2016 North American School Scrabble Championship! Space is limited, so be sure to register early at http://www.schoolscrabble.us to ensure your team(s) can take part in this great event! Information on discounted rates at local hotels is also available on the site. We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass.!
- On January 28, NASPA reactivated all dormant School SCRABBLE accounts:
- if you had an account beginning with SM0000 that you were using to access NASPA Zyzzyva (for word study and adjudication using the School SCRABBLE Word List, it should be good until June 30 now. If you are having trouble accessing it, or would like us to set up a new account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of January 28th,
- no further details are available concerning the event, or other School SCRABBLE activities during the 2015–2016 school year, but planning is progressing smoothly.
- On January 25-26, NASPA, MSI and Hasbro representatives met to go over final details of the event:
- no official communications will go out concerning this planning meeting, but we are very close to being able to launch registration and announce hotel booking information.
- On December 18th, Hasbro announced:
- Save the date!
- Hasbro is excited to share that the 2016 National School SCRABBLE Tournament – open to competitors in grades 4 through 8 will take place on April 9-10, 2016 at Gillette Stadium, in Foxboro, Mass. Parents, teachers and coaches can check back here to stay up to date on all School SCRABBLE information.
- In May 2015, Hasbro announced that:
- 2016 North American School SCRABBLE Championship would take place on the weekend of April 9–10, 2016.