* Use multiple levels of headings appropriately.
* Use boldface (entered by surrounding the text by triple
apostrophes like '''this''') to emphasize the first appearance of the article title in the first paragraph of an article, when applicable. Where possible, write the first paragraph so that it does include the article title.
* For <em>general emphasis</em>, use <code> <em></code>, not <code> <i></code> or <code> <b></code>.
* Use <code> <i></code> for roman text in book titles when not linked: <i>Long List</i>.
* Use <code> &minus; </code> (−) and not - to denote subtraction.
* Use <code> &times; </code> (×) and not x to denote multiplication.
* Notwithstanding the above, do not use entity names in article titles, as some browsers do not render them correctly as browser window titles. So, for example, use a typewriter apostrophe ' in [[World English-language Scrabble Players' Association]].
* Do not use serial commas.